Saturday, August 2, 2008

Durian Cakes


After a week of stress at work, I decided to relax today and attended another baking workshop. This time it is my favourite fruit - durian, workshop. We learnt how to bake and decorate three cakes on our own. We made durian butter cake, Singapore Durian cake and Durian chiffon cake. I really enjoyed myself very much. I took home the three cakes but have not actually tasted them yet. However I tried the buttercake during the workshop and gosh... it was so beautiful.

I went home, though feeling tired, started to bake the same durian chiffon cake as I have done earlier. And ta...da... here it is:

It was a good hands-on workshop and I really enjoyed myself. I made some friends there and we had a good time chatting away. The instructor has made the workshop very lively and everyone of us were really very keen to learn.

Well to me, besides baking and cooking, attending workshops can be very therapeutic too.

1 comment:

Snooky doodle said...

Hi olivia

Thanks for visiting my blog. You ve got really nice cakes here. i love the brownies they look really nice. Nice blog. :-)