Monday, September 15, 2008

Mid-Autumn Festival (Mooncake Festival)

Yesterday was the 15th day of the eighth month where many Chinese would celebrate Mid-Autumn Festival with families. Kids were seen with lighted lanterns and adults would gather under the bright moonlight to chat and eat mooncakes and drink Chinese tea.

Well for me, it was a simple celebration. Mum and brother have already gone for a trip to China, so leaving me with my dear sister and her family plus my brother's kids. They came over to my place as the kids would like to spend this special day at the beach. I made Shanghai mooncakes in the morning and then off to the market to get some ingredients for pizza and lasagna.

I was abit lazy in the afternoon and decided to take a short nap. Woke up at about 4pm and then off to the kitchen busy with the making of pizza and lasagna. Unfortunately, the rain came at about 6.30pm and I was doubting for a full-moon that evening. By 7pm, everyone was here and we started off with the simple "party" .... My initial plan was to bring this dinner and mooncakes to the beach but due to the rain, we have to do it indoor ie my home.

Here comes pizza and lasagna prepared by me:


We strolled to beach at about 9pm with lanterns, candles, matches. The kids had such a great fun lighting candles after candles. We hanged some lighted lanterns on the tree and it was fun and beautiful. Caught some glimpse of the faint-looking moon and tree-hanged lanterns





I gave a pack of Shanghai mooncakes to my sister and the rest to my neighbours and Tracy. Here are the mooncakes:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your pizzas have a lot of colours and look so appetizing. What pizza bases do you use?