Thursday, March 26, 2009
HaPpY bIrThDaY jEfF 生日快乐,阿哲
Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday to dear Jeff.. Happy Birthday to you...... hipee hipee
Here are the cupcakes I have made and hope you will like them.
Here’s a Birthday greeting
Especially to show
How much you mean to me
Although you surely must know
That without a doubt
There’s no-one nicer than you
Or anyone dearer
To wish Happy Birthday to
My credits go to The Waitakere Redneck's Kitchen. Thank you so much for this wonderful cupcakes. I am sure Jeff would be very happy.
Recipe goes this way:
100gm butter, softened
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup (125ml) milk,
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup boiling strong coffee (1 tsp coffee powder)
190 gm flour
¼ tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
40 gm cocoa
1. Sift flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa in bowl. Dissolve baking soda in milk.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light. Add essence and eggs and continue beating.
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients and beat with hand beater till smooth.
4. Divide and spoon into greased paper cases (only half fill the cases as the cake rise quite high).
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 160C for 15-17 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. Leave to cool on rack before icing. Ice with whatever type of icing you prefer or dust lightly with icing sugar.
5 Tbsp icing sugar
2 tsp cocoa
tiny knob of softened butter
Add hot water by the teaspoon to the icing, cocoa and butter. Mix thoroughly and continue to add water (slowly) until the desired consistency is achieved