Friday, August 29, 2008

Chocolate Muffins for Teachers

Two weeks ago, my twin sister had already made appointment with me to come over to my place to bake muffins for Teachers’ Day. They (sister, nephews and nieces) arrived this evening around 7.30pm ... Well my sister brought me my favourite mee siam from Parkway for dinner. While I was enjoying the yummy yummy foodie, she and the kids hovered around my kitchen preparing the ingredients. She had everything ready which was fantastic.. otherwise I would have to end up in Phoon Huat with loads of ingredients (well it is not that I mind..but hee hee, just a bit lazy lor!!)

We started getting busy at about 8pm onwards…all of a sudden my kitchen turned into live again, each kid was given a specific responsibility… one in charge of weighing ingredients, one in charge of mixing, one in charge of putting the batter into the muffin cups, one in charge of packing etc… there were so much chatters and laughters....The kids were so funny, I caught them popping one chocolate chips after another into their mouths when mummy was not watching… heee hee.. I do join them too and it was just so fun!! Even my twin sister could not stand what I have done together with the kids!!! Never knew chocolate chips tasted so yummy when you eat them this way…hee hee!!

They left at about 9.30pm. and all of a sudden, the house was quiet again. Though I was tired, but I felt very happy being a kid again, spending some good time with them.

Well these are the kids' masterpieces… I am sure their teachers would be touched by the effort put in by them.. well at least I would feel this way:






Recipe goes this way:

250g flour
1tbsp baking powder
20g cocoa powder
2 eggs
150g sour cream
50g greek yogurt
200g brown sugar
190g brown and white chocolate chips
100g butter
2tsp vanilla essence
Additional chocolate chips for topping

Method:
1 Beat butter and brown sugar. Add in eggs one at a time and beat till thick.
2. Add in flour, cocoa powder and baking powder alternatively with sour cream, vanilla and greek yogurt.
3. Add in chips and mix well.
4. Pour batter into muffin cups and top with additional chips
5. Bake at 180C for 25 mins.

Note:
Must check the muffins after 15 mins of baking as white chocolate chips can burn easily. If chips get a little browner, place a piece of aluminum foil on top of muffins. This will help to prevent chocolate chips from burning.

No comments: