Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cornflake Muffins

I was in the mood for putting cornflakes in muffin. This mood was stirred by my twin sister who kept saying her boys just couldn't stop eating when it comes to Post Cornflakes... So I went to NTUC to buy a box of Post Blueberry Cornflakes and armed with the recipe from bakingfiend, I tried out these muffins. Guess I have to bake a dozen this weekend for my nephews.

What I have to say about these muffins - They are simply "Gorgeous!!"



Recipe goes like that:
70gm cornflakes (I crushed till semi fine)
130gm plain flour (I increase flour to 190g)
1 1/4 tsp baking powder (Increase baking powder to another 1/4 tsp since I added extra flour)
1/2 tsp baking soda
100gm butter (melted)
100gm caster sugar (I reduced sugar to 80g)
2 eggs (beaten) (I used only 1 egg)
100ml milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
extra conrflakes for garnishing

Method
Preheat the oven to 170C.
Blend 50gm of cornflakes till fine, crush the remaining 20gm.
Sift plain flour with baking soda and baking powder. Mix in the cornflakes.
Stir in sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla into the melted butter and mix well.
Fold into the flour mixutre, till well combined.
Spoon mixture into muffin liner. Sprinkle with extra cornflakes.
Bake at 170C for 20mins.

No comments: