I tried the following recipe by The Novice Baker today. The Novice Baker called it Marble Cake and Aunty Yochana called it tri-colour cake but I feel it has abit of Napoleon effect - a mixture of pink, brown and cream colour.. ta da... here is the cake..(hee hee, I made some adjustment)
Thick mixture before going into the oven:
Freshly baked Napoleon Cake:
See the beautiful colours of the cake:
Recipe goes like that:
250 gm. butter
1 tsp. vanilla essence
250 gm. castor sugar (I used 190g)
330 gm. self-raising flour (I used plain flour with 1.25tsp baking powder)
180 ml. milk
pink food colouring
2 tbsp. cocoa powder
2 Tbsp. milk - extra (i used 3tbsp milk)
1tsp chocolate paste
1tsp strawberry paste
(1) Beat butter, vanilla essence and sugar until light and fluffy.
(2) Add in eggs one at a time.
(3) Stir in flour and milk in two batches. Divide mixture into 3 portions.
(4) Blend sifted cocoa powder with extra milk and stir into one portion and add in chocolate paste.
(5) Add strawberry paste into another portion and leaving the third portion plain.
(6) Drop alternate spoonfuls of mixtures into an 8″ round pan. Use a chopstick to pull backwards and forward through the mixture.
(7) Bake cake about 1 hour at 175C. Stand cake 5 mins. in pan then tun onto wire rack to cool.