Monday, September 1, 2008

Chocolate Butter Cake

I don’t why, I feel a bit moody today probably because I missed Jeff so much.. Perhaps it is Monday blues that aggravates it too. Had a word with Tracy about my foul mood and she thought that chocolate is what and all I needed. She felt that “Tho' Chocolate is not a substitute for love, but it is sure easier to get than Jeff”. It was such a funny remark and I can’t help but laughed at what she said. Shortly I received an email from her with a list of quotations about chocolate and here they are:

Chocolate is nature's way of making up for Mondays.
Chocolate is cheaper than therapy and you don’t need an appointment
The best thing in life are chocolate
Life without chocolate is no life at all
Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way at least you will get one thing done. Stress wouldn’t be so difficult if it came chocolate covered.


So when I got home, I decided to veer away my sentiments by baking a plain chocolate cake. I am going to eat a slice of it and the rest... Well the rest will go to Tracy I guess coz she is the one who suggested that I need chocolate... Anyway baking and eating the chocolate cake did help to release the tension within me...




Recipe goes this way:
240 g plain flour
60 g cocoa powddr
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
250 g salted butter
170 g brown sugar
30g caster sugar
2 tbsp Kahlua
4 eggs, beaten
200ml sour cream

Method
Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
Add in the sour cream and stir till well mixed.
Add in the flour, egg mixture and milk in three portions and mix till well blended.
Pour the batter into 2 loaf pans and bake for 45 minutes

No comments: