Friday, September 12, 2008

Eggless Banana Almond Muffins

Gotten this recipe from Saffron Hut while surfing the net for an eggless muffin recipe. Got home pretty early today as I have decided to give myself a break... bought some bananas on the way home and then headed straight to the kitchen to bake these muffins... well I had a piece of this beautiful muffin for dinner





Recipe goes this way:

3 ripe bananas (original recipe asks for 4 bananas)
70g brown sugar (original recipe asks for 3/4 cup of caster sugar)
83g melted butter
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt (original recipe asks for 1/2 tsp salt)
210g cake flour (original recipe asks for 1 1/2 cups of flour (all purpose)
Small handful of walnuts, chopped. (I used almond strips & chocolate chips as I don’t hv any walnut at home)
60g plain yogurt (I added this on my own)

Method
1. Mix melted butter, plain yogurt and brown sugar together.
2. Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, flour and salt into No. 1 and mix well.
3. Throw in a handful of almond slips and chocolate chips and mix well. Don't over mix.
4. Place batter into muffin cups and bake at 190C for 18 mins or till golden brown.

No comments: