I have some left over bananas (very ripe ones) lying around and instead of letting them rot and then finally landed in the bin, I tried out this recipe from Nigella.
I would say this is absolutely awesome:
Recipe goes this way:
100 grams of butter
175 grams of brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
grated zest of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon of Rhum
400 grams of (over)ripe bananas, mashed (about 4)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
150 grams roughly chopped almond nuts
300 grams flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
4 tablespoons milk (I used evaporated milk)
1. Cream butter and sugar together. Add the eggs, churn until the mixture changes in color and becomes light and fluffy.
2. Add the lemon zest and then rum
3. Add the bananas and the lemon juice. Then add in nuts
4. Sift flour and baking powder together, or just loosely whisk them together in a bowl. Add to the egg-flour-banana mix and combine.
5. Add in milk to lighten the batter.
6. Bake in a loaf pan for 45 mins at 180C