Saturday, October 11, 2008

Rolled Oats Chocolate Chips Cookies

It is Friday again... It is a pub night today and I used to spend many of my fridays in pubs with my colleagues. Normally we knocked off at about 5pm, went for dinner and then off to the pub for some fun!! However I have stopped going to pub... and instead, after dinner with my colleagues, I would go straight to either a bookshop to read (my favourite is usually border) or back home to start baking. So for tonight, I went home to bake...

These little gems are so wonderful... can't stop popping them into my mouth!! Think I'm going to get sore-throat soon!! Got to get my twin sister to boil some "Liong Chai" for me!!


Recipe goes this way:
130g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
65g butter
100g light brown sugar
30g caster sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
75g rolled oats
140g chocolate chips

1. Beat butter with brown and caster sugar. Then add in vanilla and egg.
2. Fold in flour, baking powder, rolled oats and chocolate chips
3. Place small amount of mixture into a pan lined with parchment paper with the help of two forks.
4. Bake at 175C for 10 - 12 mins.

No comments: