Monday, November 24, 2008

Thai Jackfruit Featherlight Cake

My colleague, S, passed me some lots of jackfruits from his jackfruit tree which his dad planted in Thailand. I happened to come across this recipe in a book and so tried this out. Cake is really soft and fluffy. During the process of baking, my entire kitchen is so perfumed with the fragrant of the jackfruit. Oh ya, one thing to note, don't cut it when it is hot or you will break it. Makes 2 loaves.

Here is the final product:


Recipe goes this way:
200g jackfruit puree
150g sugar
4 eggs
1/2 tbsp cake emulsifier
250g top flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
125ml full cream milk
100ml melted butter

1. Beat eggs, sugar and cake emulsifier till mixture is thick.
2. Add in flour, soda and baking powder together with milk and puree.
3. Add in melted butter last.
4. Pour into 2 loaf pans and bake 40mins at 180C

2 comments:

Art of Eating said...

Wow ! Jackfruit my favourite. Yummy yummy. Good bake.

Anonymous said...

I can tell that the cake texture is very soft and light.

May I know how you make jackdfruit puree? Using a food processor?

I am not a big fan of jackfruit so if I bake this cake probably I will replace with some other fruit. :)

Btw, do you think I can replace Top flour by cake flour?

Is Top flour same as superfine flour?