Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Banana Cake

Over the weekend, I bought some bananas from the market but it is only me alone eating them!! So I am left with so many ripe bananas hanging in my kitchen waiting to be either eaten or baked into a cake... I scout thru' Aunty Yochana's blog and happened to find the following recipe. Faithfully I followed it and ta da... here is my banana cake....




Recipe goes this way:
180 gm. Butter
180 gm. Fine sugar (I cut down to 150 gm)
2 nos. Extra large Eggs - beaten lightly
250 gm. Cake flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
220 gm. Bananas - mashed
50 gm. Dairy whip cream (I use evaporated milk)
1/2 tsp. Banana essence (I replace with 1 tsp vanila essence)
2 bananas - slice

Method:

(1) Cream butter and sugar till light and creamy.
(2) Pour in eggs gradually and beat till creamy.
(3) Add in whip cream, mashed bananas and banana essence and mix well.
(4) Add in cake flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and beat for a while only.
(5) Pour into an 8" round tray, and arrange sliced bananas on top.
(6) Bake at 175C for about 50 to 60 mins. or until cooked.

No comments: