Sis passed me this recipe... not too sure where she gotten it from and asked me to bake it for her colleague's birthday. Will try it out this weekend.
Fantastic cake. So yummy and nice. I sandwiched it with the chocolate frosting I've learned from Mrs Fong and it was so great. Even sis was surprised that the cake turned out so well. She said her colleague loved the cake and has already placed an order for this cake...
Recipe goes this way:
660gm caster sugar
35g cocoa powder
250g butter, chopped
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
450g self-raising flour
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1) Preheat oven to 175 degree C.
2) Grease a 10" x 13" cake tin and line base with baking paper.
3) Combine water, sugar, cocoa powder, bicarbonate soda and butter in a pot and heat without boiling till sugar is dissolved.
4) Increase heat and bring to a boil and then simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
5) Transfer to mixing bowl and leave to cool till lukewarm.
6) Stir in sifted flour and eggs and beat till mixture is smooth.
7) Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick/skewer in the centre of the cake. Cake is done when no crumbs sticks to the skewer.
8) Cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto wire rack to cool.