Ming was back last Sunday. We have not met since April as he is constantly flying around....He kept insisting that I should bake him chocolate cakes and cheesecakes. So the first cake I did for him was this really moist and rich cake. The cake is really very yummy. I did the most simple decoration...with whatever I can find in my fridge. Ming really enjoyed the cake.. imagine he finished almost half the cake with his cuppa.
Thanks Peng's Kitchen for this wonderful recipe... You are great!
Recipe goes this way:
115gm plain chocolate
150gm unsalted butter
150gm light brown sugar
200gm self-raising flour
1 tbsp cocoa powder
Any kind will do... I use the regular one which I have always used for chocolate cake
1. Grease a 8inch cake tin and line the base with baking paper. P
2. Place the chopped chocolate and milk in a bowl. Place the bowl over a simmering pan of hot water. Leave for 3 mins until the chocolate softens, turn off heat and stir the mixture till smooth.
3. Cream the butter and brown sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the chocolate mixture until well combined.
4. Sift the flour and cocoa over the mixture and fold in batches until evenly mixed. Pour the prepared batter into the cake tin and bake at preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 35-40mins or until cooked.
5. Cool cake in tin for 5 mins before removing from tin and place on cooling rack to cool completely.
5.Slice cake into 2 layers. Spread a thick layer of ganache* on the 1st layer Spread the remaining ganache over the whole cake.