Monday, July 6, 2009

Cinnamon Butter Streusel Cake

Now that Ming has returned to Hong Kong and that Randy is in US for a month, it gives me lots of time to work on my major project. Well coming to think about it, the emotional me is a little upset about it. Perhaps my life has started to evolve around them hee hee..:) Both are my best friends and I really love them very much...

Anyway life is back to norm after our wonderful trip to Phuket. Lots of fond memories tho'... well it is time to get down to earth and started work... either in the studio or in the kitchen.... this would keep me occupy for the rest of the month till I next see both of my dearest...

Bake a simple cake for my neighhour who only love simple cake and also a no-no to any kind of cheese or frosting. I bake this cake for her... and guess what I got for being such a nice neighbour ; )... a bunch of roses...

I must confess this cake is really delicious. I used a 10' bundt pan to bake the cake. I sandwiched the streusel in between the batter. It was just perfect.


Recipe goes this way:

185g butter
180g sugar
350g flour
2tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
200g plain yogurt
5 eggs
1tsp vanilla

Streusel
20g brown sugar
30g butter cold
70g flour
1tsp cinnamon

1. Beat butter, vanilla and sugar till soft and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time till well mixed.
2. Add in flour, baking powder, salt alternatively with yogurt.
3. For streusel - mix all ingredients together and place in fridge to cool if prepared too early.
3. Pour into a 9 pan and top with streusel and bake 1 hour at 180C

No comments: