Monday, October 19, 2009

Durian Butter Cake

I did the most wonderful thing yesterday evening... I baked a durian butter cake and guess what... my whole house is perfumed by its fragrant... wondered what and how my neighbours, who do not like durian at all, would feel... Anyway they can't penalise me for the fragrant emerging from my oven... : )

Recipe goes this way:
250g Butter
260g Plain Flour
160g Caster Sugar
5 Eggs
1tsp Double Action Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Sodium Bicarbonate
200g durian flesh

1. Beat butter and sugar till fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time. Add in durian puree and then add in flour, baking powder, sodium bicarbonate.

2. Bake in a 9' cake pan for 45 mins - 1 hour

4 comments:

ann low said...

I love this durian butter cake. Thanks for sharing.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

This look interesting, I never use durian in my baking, gonna to try out soon.

HomeKreation said...

Hi Olivia. Have not heard from you quite sometime & hope you are fine. Did you take the cake photo? Must be yummy!

Olivia said...

Hi Anncoo, Sonia and HomeKreation

Thanks for leaving me with your comments. I am going to post the photos soon. Caught up with quite a bit of work lately.

Cheers
Olivia