Friday, October 16, 2009

Moist Chocolate Cake

I was craving for moist chocolate cake which is not sweet but bursting with the richness of chocolate last night. I rummaged through my bookshelf in search of a good recipe to satisfy my crave...I wanted something that is not too difficult to prepare and most importantly, the ingredients that go to the cake must be something I have in stock at home... :) I tried this recipe taken from a recipe given by a friend. Surprisingly this cake is really moist and very yummy even without any frosting... Just perfect for breakfast or tea.


Recipe goes this way:
180g Golden Churn Butter
180g Brown Sugar
40g caster sugar
3 eggs
1tsp coffee powder + 1tbsp hot water
1tsp vanilla
200g water
240g cake flour
75g cocoa powder (Hershey)
1tsp baking powder
1tsp bicarbonate of soda

1. Beat butter and sugar till fluffy. Add in eggs one a t time beating well each time.
2. Add coffee mixture to water and still well. Add in coffee mixture alternatively with sifted flour, baking powder, soda powder and cocoa powder. Blend well and turn into a prepare tin.. I used a 9' X 5' pan.
Bake 175C for 1 hour.

No comments: