Saturday, March 26, 2011
I am extremely happy today...well it is a great day and most important of all, it is Jeff's birthday :) I bought a birthday card and have thought of a very meaningful gift for him. (Sorry my little secret) I am sure Jeff would like the gift.
I baked another cake...oreo cheesecake...A very wonderful cheesecake and I think it does make a great cheesecake especially when you feel like Twisting the cookies, lick the cream, dunk it in a glass of milk. Well for this cheesecake, you can twist the cookies crumbs into the cream cheese, lick the cream cheese and have a piece of oreo cheesecake with a glass of milk :)
For the Base
180g oreo biscuits, finely crushed
4 tbsp butter, melted
For the filling:
500g cream cheese
200g sour cream
2tbsp corn flour
1 tsp vanilla
6 oreo biscuits, ground (with cream)
Finely ground 8 pieces of oreo cookies
(In all, I used two rolls of oreo cookies)
How to Do it:
1. Prepare the base by mixing the crushed cookies with butter and then place them in a 7' square tin and press and compress the crumbs onto the base of the pan. Refrigerate and prepare the filling.
2. For the filling- Cream cream cheese, vanilla with sugar till no cheese is light and fluffy. Add in eggs one at time. Then add in sour cream and corn flour. Finally add in the ground oreo cookies
3. Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Then sprinkle topping on the cheese batter. Press the cookie crumbs lightly onto the cheese mixture. Do not exert too much strength,
4. Steam bake or bain marie the cake at 160-170C for 45 mins.
5. Leave cake in the oven for 1 hour with oven door ajar. After which leave in the fridge to rest overnight preferably.
6. Ta....da... here is the oreo cheesecake ready for slicing :)
NOTE: I am submitting my post to Aspiring Bakers #6: Say Cheese! (April 2011)
You can locate this in : http://needmorenoms.blogspot.com/2011/04/aspiring-bakers-6-say-cheese-april-2011.html