Friday, April 1, 2011

Cranberry Almond Cake


I was in the mood of baking something simple, I have this packet of ground almond lying in my fridge and whenever I open the fridge.. it stares at me and somehow I have got this funny thought that the ground almond is asking me "WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO USE ME?"... ha ha... too much imagination ha..ha...This recipe taken from "My Kitchen Snippets" just come in handy. I change the recipe slightly,...

250g butter (original recipe 226 gram/2 sticks/1 cup butter)
180 gram sugar
5 eggs
170 gram ground almond
150 gram flour
¼ tsp salt (I omitted this)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla (I used rum)
50 ml milk
1 cup (100g) dried cranberries (original recipe 1 cup Red Raspberries)

How do you do it (as adapted by The Kitchen Snippets)

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line and grease a 9 x 5” loaf pan or two small loaves pan with some butter.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Add in the ground almond and set it aside.
3. Beat soft butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Add in eggs one at a time until well incorporated into the butter. Add in vanilla and mix well.
4. Slow down the mixer and in the flour mixture and milk. Lastly fold in the raspberries by hand.
5. Pour into the loaf pan and bake until skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool on pan for 10 minute before turning it into the cooling rack.

Verdict:
Fantastic cake... whole kitchen filled with the fragrant of a mixture of butter and almond...

No comments: