Friday, April 15, 2011
Yogurt Cranberries & Raisin Scones
Aunty Mei just loves scones... she fell in love with the traditional scones I've made and keeps repeating her requests for more scones made of cranberries ( her favourite fruits)... I made them this morning so that she could have the scones with her family for supper tonight or breakfast tomorrow
(Scones before sending to the oven)
Recipe goes this way: (Recipes adapted from Blessed Home Baker)
240g Plain flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
75g unsalted butter
1/2 cup dried raisins & cranberries (about 60g)
1 cup plain yogurt (set aside 2 TBSP for brushing) (about 230g)
1. Preheat oven to 200 C.
2. Place ingredients (A) in a bowl and mix.
3. Cut in butter until it resembles coarse meal.(At this point, you can freeze the mixture in a container for later.)
4. Add dried fruits. Mix.
5. Stir in yogurt (slowly and mixing it little by little) until it comes together in a shaggy ball. It will still have lots of loose, sandy pieces.
6. Place batter on a floured surface and roughly work it into a ball.
7. Use an ice cream scoop and scoop the dough into the baking pan.
8. Brush scones with some yogurt and send to bake for 15020mins