Friday, October 3, 2008

Chocolate & Pineapple Cake


Browse through some cook books on my way home from work this evening and happened to chance upon Kevin Chai's Easy Stir n Bake Cakes. Really like this book as it is simple and very attractive. I am particularly very interested in starting to challenge myself in baking one of the cakes and guess what?? I did it this evening.

The cake is rather soft and very "Chocoty" - Perfect for me.. the diced pineapple really enhance the cake...

Recipe goes this way:

125g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
100g melted chocolate
100g corn oil
100g brown sugar (I reduce to 80g)
2 eggs
120g diced canned pineapple

1. Combine flour, baking powder and soda in a mixing bowl
2. Melt chocolate and then stir in brown sugar and eggs
3. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture together with pineapple dices until well bleneded
4. Bake in a greased ring mould.(I used a 6' square pan) and baked at 170C for 30 - 40mins. Have to check as chocolate might burn during the baking process.

No comments: