Thursday, October 2, 2008

Healthy Oat Flapjack

I happened to chance upon this healthy oats flapjack in a magazine I borrowed from my sister. Made it yesterday afternoon but I added raisins soaked in rum and ground hazelnut. Yum Yum... it is so nice. Brought this along to the gathering in the evening. Everyone just loved it. It is so fragrant.. especially yummy when it goes with coffee after meal.


Here goes the recipe:

Ingredient A
350g rolled oats
2tbsp hazelnut
30g raisins soaked with 2tbsp rum

Melt together:
150g butter
130g golden syrup
30g caster sugar

1. Mix Ingredient A into the butter mixture. Stir well.
2. Press mixture into a 9' square tin. I used a potato masher to do it.
3. Bake at 180C for 20 mins or till golden brown

Here are the steps:

Melt the liquid mixture together


Add dry ingredient into the liquid mixture


Press the mixture into a 9' square tin using a potato masher


Here is the freshly baked Healthy Oat Flapjack

No comments: