Thursday, October 16, 2008

My "HANDSOME" Fruit Cake Loaf 1

While I was sending my batches of cupcakes to bake, I was at the same time, taking up another challenge to make another cake... have not been baking too regularly this week as I was working on my project and was so pre-occupied... gosh!!! and I can't wait to try out this fruit cake. Got the recipe when I was reading in Popular last week.

Anyway I was so pre-occupied with decorating the cupcakes that I have forgotten to look after my fruit cake...By the time I realised the fruit cake in the oven... my poor little fruit cake turned out to be.. so tanned & "Handsome"!!

So what I did was I gave it a trim!! After that, my fruit cake loaf turned out not too bad... guess I am not a bad "trimmer" after all!! Perhaps I should change my profession to be a cake trimmer.. ha ha!!

After slicing the cakes up and have it photographed:


At last, my handsome "Fruit Cake Loaf" landed on my lock-&-lock container


Recipe goes this way:
3 eggs
75g mixed fruits soaked with 2 tbsp rum (I soaked it fo half an hour)
90g bread flour
90g top flour
140g butter
100g sugar
1tsp baking powder (original recipe does not indicate this)

1. Beat butter with sugar till light and fluffy. Add in beaten eggs.
2. Add in the two flour and baking powder.
3. Lastly add in soaked fruits with whatever rum that is left
4. Bake in a loaf pan at 175C for 45mins

1 comment:

sherlyn said...

Hi Oliva,

I can see that you are quite an experienced baker and cook. I hope I get to try out this fruit cake one day. I will be putting this into my to do list (thus linking to your blog post, hope you don't mind).

I am not sure if I can handle it since your instructions are pretty simple (looks like for experienced baker leh :) )