Friday, October 31, 2008

Sour Cream Lemon Cake

I was sending the above cake to the oven when my doorbell rang. Gosh it was already 10pm and was not expecting any guest at this late hour. Was abit surprised to see my sister standing at the door with a very upset look. I have made the right guess... she had a row with her hubby and wanted to put up at my place for a night.

I lent her my ears listening to the problems she had with Tim. I would say it was quite a trivial matter but of course, I couldn't say it to her as I was not in her shoes. In the meanwhile, I counted my blessings for being single... hee hee... (so naughty right?) I calmed her down and guess what?? I forgot about the cake I've sent to the oven until I smelt something burning!!

OMG, I ended up with a very tanned Sour Cream Lemon Cake.. well, never blamed anyone but my sister kept apologising.. making me so awkward. Anyway, I decided to use my professional "Cake Trimming" skill and did some cosmetic work on the cake... here you go, the loaf cake after the "professional" trim:

I made a pot of coffee and we had these cakes for supper. Surprisingly the cake tasted really good, very moist despite the fact that it has a "black top". My sister had three slices... was it because she was so upset that she had decided to eat and eat...Seemed that after having the cake, she felt better...Did this special cake lift her mood?

While she was not looking, I sms Tim to let him know that my sister was with me so that he would stop worrying...

Recipe goes this way:

250g butter
180g sugar
250g top flour
1tsp baking powder
1tbsp lemon juice
1 lemon zest
200ml sour cream
3 eggs

1. Beat butter and sugar till creamy. Add in eggs and then lemon zest and lemon juice
2. Add in flour and baking powder.
3. Add in sour cream and mix well.
4. Pour into a pound cake loaf and bake at 45mins 170C

No comments: