After reading Amanda's blog on butter cake http://amandalwh.wordpress.com/2008/01/11/butter-cake/(original recipe from the famous Aunty Yochana) http://auntyyochana.blogspot.com/2006/08/butter-cake.html , my tastebuds and baking passion seem to get the better of me and I began whipping up the cake in my kitchen... another of my favourite...hmm hmm...down with a bad flu does not really stop my passion and my love for baking... heehee ;)... Gonna keep this cake all for myself only....Too delicious to be given away anyway...
Recipe goes this way:
125 gm. Butter
125 gm. Cake Margarine (I use 250g butter instead as I do not have any margarine)
100 gm. Sugar (I reduced sugar to 90g)
1 tsp. Vanilla Essence
90 gm. Egg Yolk
1 Tbsp. Evaporated milk
200 gm. Cake flour
5 gm. Baking powder
a pinch of salt
160 gm. Egg White
100 gm. Sugar
(1) Beat butter, margarine, sugar, salt and vanilla essence until light and creamy.
(2) Add in the egg yolk one at a time and beat until creamy. Add in evaporated milk.
(3) Fold in seived cake flour and baking powder.
(4) Whisk egg white and sugar to a soft peak and fold gently into the creamed butter mixture.
(5) Pour into a 20 cm. round tin and bake at 175C for about 45 mins. or until cooked.