Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year Charity Bakes

Here are the recent Chinese New Year Cookies I did for Church Fundraising:

Have been so busy with work recently and am just too lazy to lay my fingers to load photos from my camera when I get back from work. Think I am not gonna wait too long to do so otherwise I would slacken further... hee hee...

Well inspite of all the busy busy busy time, I have not slackened at least in baking..

These goodies include Nonya Pineapple Tarts, Green Tea Cookies and Sesame Cookies... Very happy to get everything sold... : )

I would like to thank Tracy for this recipe. She took up a course recently and gave me the recipe. Of course I did make some adjustment (well just estimate) and was very surprise that they turned up fantastic:

Pineapple Tarts Recipe goes this way:

Pastry
125g margarine + 125g margarine
80g Sugar
480g flour
1 egg
1tsp vanilla

1. Add all ingredients together and roll into a dough and let it rest for 20 mins before rolling out. Cut dough with a pineapple tarts cookie cutter
2. Place filling on top and then bake 20mins at 160C

Pineapple Filling
3 Malaysian Pineapples
280g sugar - 320g sugar (depends on the sweetness you wanted)
1 long cinnamon stick

1. Grate pineapple and cook till pineapple has lost some liquid (I remove abt half a cup of pineapple juice) Then add in sugar and cinnamon stick and continue to stir till mixtur is ready (In total the cooking time is about 2.5 hours)

No comments: