Frankly speaking I've quite a number of recipes for pineapple tarts (some from magazines, some from cook books, some from the website and some from my colleagues). I am actually a little apprehensive which one makes the best closed pineapple tarts. It seems that I do not have much time to try out every recipe. In fact, my brothers and sister are still waiting for their favourite pineapple tarts from me :(... "Pengsan liao!!"
Anyway I managed to get the most wanted pineapple tarts all done up using Happy Flour's recipe. Fantastic recipe, I must say coz the tarts just melt in the mouth. Worth trying, folks.
Recipe goes this way:
10g icing sugar
1 egg yolk
1/4tsp vanilla essence
140g plain flour
40g milk powder
20g corn flour
300g pineapple filling (I bought the paste from Phoon Huat)
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Sift flour and corn flour together and set aside.
3. Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla essence.
5. Fold in the flour and milk powder and mix until form soft dough.
6. Cover and rest dough in the fridge for 15mins.
7. Scale pineapple filling at 7g each and roll into oval ball.
8. Pinch some dough and scale it at 10g each.
9. Flatten the dough, place in the filling and seal the opening.
10 .Arrange on a greased tray and glaze surface with egg yolk.
12.Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20mins until slightly brown.