I have always wanted to try sugee cookies, Aunt Mary's favourite cookies. She made beautiful sugee cookies and sugee cakes. Till date, I have asked her perhaps a thousand times for the recipe but am always turned down :( Happen to chance upon Aunty Yochana's website - http://auntyyochana.blogspot.com/2007/02/sugee-cookies.html and see this wonderful recipe.. Yipee.. I got it... see my masterpieces:
Recipe goes this way:
150 gm. Ghee
90 gm. Icing sugar
1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
200 gm. Plain flour
40 gm. ground almond
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 egg yolk for Glazing
(1) Cream ghee and icing usgar till creamy. Add in egg yok, vanilla, salt and mix thoroughly.
(2) Add in sifted plain flour, baking powder and ground almonds. Mix till a dough is formed.
(3) Roll into small round balls for about 6 gm. each. and arrang on baking tray.
(4) Use a chopstick to dip into egg yolk and then press it on top of each roll ball.
(5) Bake at 165C for about 15 - 20 mins. or till cooked.
(6) Cool on wire rack before storing in cookie containers