Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Chocolate Chips Muffins

Have been trying on with new ingredients the last week before my trip to Sapa, Vietnam. Was pretty busy and can't find time to actually post them here. It is so cold now (almost 0oC and I am well here since yesterday morning). It is already 10.30pm (Singapore time 11.30pm) now and since I could not sleep, I thought I would start working on my blog.

Here are the chocolate muffins I made for my friend for valentine: HAPPY VALENTINE TO ALL


Here are beautiful muffins:



Recipe goes this way:

150g plain flour
2tbsp cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
40g caster sugar
120ml milk
50g butter, melted
100g dark chocolate, melted, cooled
100g chocolate chips

Method
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Melt butter and chocolate together
Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder into a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the egg, sugar, milk and melted butter & chocolate mixture, then stir into the dry ingredients until just combined, don't overmix. Stir in about 80g chocolate chips.Pour the mixture into muffin cases and top with remaining chocolate chips.
Place on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until risen, then remove and allow to cool.

No comments: