Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins

Just last evening, I gave my fridge a good clean up and found out that I have some frozen raspberries sitting on my freezer. During lunch hours yesterday, I searched for a good recipe where I could use these raspberries and I came across a recipe from
Ainsley Harriot. Perfect recipe coz I have already on hand and when I got back from work yesterday, I darted straight into my kitchen and started to whip up the muffins.

Here are my Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins fresh from the oven:



Recipe goes this way:

300 g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder (I used 1tbsp of baking powder)
150 g golden caster sugar (I use 120g caster sugar)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
225 ml milk (I don't have a measuring cup so I weighed about 215g)
50 g butter, melted
100 g fresh raspberries
75 g chopped white chocolate
Instructions

Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and stir in the sugar.
Crack the egg into a separate bowl and whisk in the vanilla extract, milk and melted butter.
Stir the liquid into the dry ingredients, taking care not to over-mix.
Gently fold in raspberries and white chocolate.
Spoon the mixture into muffin cups and bake for about 15-20 minutes until well risen, golden and just firm.

1 comment:

Chloe said...

Can i use dark or plain chocolate instead of white chocolate?

thanks