I have gotten a wonderful recipe from My Kitchen Snippets. The cake that she made is so beautiful, soft and moist. I tried this recipe (in fact I baked two - one for my friend and the other one for my afternoon tea :) this morning. Yes I do agreed with her that the cake is very fun to make. I would like to thank My Kitchen Snippets for this wonderful recipe.
Recipe goes this way:
226 grm butter (2 stick)
220 grm sugar
260 grm flour
4 tbsp of milk
1 tsp of baking powder
¼ tsp salt
Food coloring – pink and green
Flavoring – mint/pandan, strawberry and Vanilla
1. Prepared a baking pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper and greased with some butter. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time and beat until well combined.
2. Sift flour with baking powder and salt. Slow down the speed of the mixer and slowly add in the flour. Lastly add in the milk.
3. Divide batter into 3 portions. Add one portion with mint or pandan flavor and add a few drop of green coloring. In another portion add a few drop of strawberry flavor and some pink coloring. The last portion just leave it plain and add a few drop of vanilla to it. Stir well.
4. The most important part is assembling the batter in the baking pan. Drop about 3 tbsp of the better to the middle of the baking pan. Follow by the other color mix on top of each other. Proceed to do the same to the rest of the batter. Do not stir, swirl or shake the pan. The batter will spread on it own.
5. Bake the cake in a pre-heated 350 degree F oven for an hour or until golden brown. Stand cake 10 mins. in pan then tun onto wire rack to cool.