Monday, August 3, 2009

Sweet and Sour Chicken

I made myself this simple dish to go with piping hot rice.A really good recipe which I think I would make it again for my family especially my nephews and niece who are so fond of anything that is sweet and sour... Read this recipe in a magazine and managed to copy down in my recipe book.

Take a look at this wonderful dish:

Recipe goes this way:
3 chicken thigh, deboned and cut into cubes
2 red chilli (I omitted)
10 shallots cut into chunks

Marinade:
1/2tsp salt
dash of pepper
1 egg white

Batter:
2 eggs
1tsp salt
6tbsp plain flour
1tbsp rice flour
2tbsp corn flour
6tbsp water

Sauce:
6tbsp tomoto sauce
2tsp sugar
3tbsp plum paste
100ml water

1. Marinade chicken with the ingredients for at least 30 mins. I marinated it for about 3 hours.
2. Mix batter ingredients together.
3.Heat up oil for deep frying and dip chicken into batter and deep fry till golden brown. Dish and drain.
4. Bring sauce to boil and add in fried chicken. Mix well and dish up.

No comments: