Thursday, March 31, 2011

Traditional Raisin Scones


Raisin scones have never been part of my to-do list neither am I yearning for scones until I tasted them during breakfast while I was in The Legend Resort, Cherating, Malaysia. I must say it is the most comforting food I ever had throughout my stay in Malaysia...
(Scones before sending to Oven)

While working especially not in the comfort of your own office, I always yearn for something comforting, something near to the heart...something that makes you think of home (gosh I guess I was homesick...tho' I was just away for a week hee hee)... I must thank the chefs of The Legend Resort for making my days....with these simple and yet so comforting traditional Raisin Scones......

Recipe goes this way:

280g Self Raising Flour
1tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
40g semi-hard butter
15g sugar
150ml milk plus 1tbsp for brushing
50g or slightly more raisins (soak wif 2tbsp rum)
1/2 tsp lemon zest
Beaten egg for glazing

How to do it:
1. Put all the dry ingredient (except raisins) together in a bowl. Cut in butter till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs
2. Add in all the wet ingredients. Pat the dough (do not over knead) to a thickness of 2cm and use a round cutter to cut scones.
3. Glaze scones with beaten eggs and bake at 220C for 12-15 mins

No comments: