Thursday, May 5, 2011
Char Siew Making (Step By Step)
I am starting to have some really good adventures in my kitchen recently. I have always love char siew since young and this yummy treat and dish has not diminished from my tastebud as yet. I was reading Baking Mum's and Lily's blogs recently and realised that actually char siew could be made at the convenience of our home.... hee hee.. I adapted Baking Mum's recipe but I did some minor adjustment to the recipe too to suit my taste.
Recipe Goes this way:
500g pork or chicken
1tbsp light soya sauce
1tbsp dark soya sauce
dash of pepper
1tbsp rose wine
3/4 tsp salt
1. Marinate the pork or chicken with the rest of the ingredients overnight for the best result. Otherwise it should be marinated at least 4 hours in advance.
2. Pour the marinated sauce in the wok and boil the sauce till bubbling.
3. Place pork or chicken on the pot and continue to stir
4. As you stir the sauce will continue to get lesser and lesser
5. Finally you will see a lot of bubbles oozing from the sauce and pork as the sauce thicken.
6. Tada... yummy char siew has arrived :)