Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Chocolate Walnut Butter Cake



I always love simple cake and butter cake is one of the best choice. I decided to make chocolate walnut cake as I have all the recipe I needed in my fridge.


Here is the Recipe:
250g unsalted butter
160g brown sugar
270g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
100g walnut chopped
100g chocolate rice
1tsp vanilla
4 eggs
6-7tbsp natural yogurt

The Steps:
1. Beat butter and sugar till fluffy.
2. Add in eggs one at a time, and then add in vanilla
3. Add walnut and chocolate rice in the flour and baking powder and mix well.
5. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture alternatively with yogurt
6. Pour mixture into a 7' square pan and bake for 1 hour at 180C

2 comments:

lena said...

hi olivia, i must say that your butter cake looks absolutely delicious and full of chocs! yum! and that bag you made looks very beautiful, i'm sure that kid will love that so much!!

Olivia said...

Hi Lena

That is quite true. I gave some to my friend and she then called to say her kids love them so much. Thanks for the compliment for the bag. It isn't really perfect but at least I have attempted :)