Monday, August 3, 2009

Chocolate Chips Butter Cake



I realised that there were some pictures in which I have taken which I have loaded into my blog. What's more, I have not even written about them here too. Currently, I have some problem with my blog. I can't load the pictures I have taken. Normally there is an icon which will allow to do so by clicking on it, but it seems that the icon is gone and I can't load my pictures now. Anyone here can assist?

Here is a chocolate chip butter cake which I have made:


Recipe goes this way:
4 eggs
115g sugar
175g plain flour
2 tbsp baking powder
200g melted butter
100g chocolate chips
1tsp vanilla essence

1. Whisk eggs and sugar till fluffy. Add in vanilla essence.
2. Fold in flour and chocolate chips lightly
3. Add in melted butter
4. Pour into a bundt mould and bake 30 mins at 170C. You can also use a 7' loaf pan and bake for 40 - 45 mins.

I have never made buttercake in this way. Cake is moist but not really sweet. However the chocolate chips help to bring out the sweetness of the cake. I guess you may add a little more sugar if you have sweet tooth. Anyway the cake is just nice for me as I don't really like sweet stuff.

No comments: