These little comfort food is always part and parcel of my life. Just a few days ago, I did not have time for lunch so my colleague bought me three egg tarts. They were so yummy and fragrant... Without doubt, egg tarts have became my next-to-do pastry.
Hot piping egg tarts just coming out from the oven:
Recipe goes this way:
80g icing sugar
320g all purpose flour
260ml milk (I used UHT milk)
1. Mix all ingredients together and form a dough. You may need some flour if it is too wet. Place the dough in the fridge for at least half an hour. I place mine for about half a day. If it is hard, you need to thaw it till it is soft.
2. Place pieces of dough into the tart shell and mould it.
1. Boil milk with sugar till sugar melts.
2. Beat eggs and then add into boiled milk. Strain the mixture
3. Pour mixture into the pastry shell and bake at 170C for 20 mins